Children’s Centres enable families to access support from midwives, health visitors, early years practitioners and family support as well as providing opportunities for training and help into employment. Click here for the current timetable of playgroups and health visitor clinics.
Services provided by Children’s Centres include:
- Access to quality registered childcare and early learning. Including 15 hours free early education for 3 and 4-year-olds, which will help your child to develop and be confident when they start school. Centres will also advise you about the 2-year-old offer and do an eligibility check for you. Please ring your nearest centre for availability.
- Parenting and family support
- Antenatal and postnatal healthcare advice from health visitors and midwives, including breastfeeding support, introducing solids and healthy eating
- Employment, training and job seeking advice from our partnership with Jobcentre Plus
- Opportunities for volunteering and work experience
- Lots of fun activities and the chance to talk to other parents and make new friends